Well, I can’t say that during these past few months I haven’t thought that it was bad idea to start a travel blog. Each time I look at the news, it seems there is more disease, death and heartache.
However, I find comfort that humans are resilient. I know we will respond and recover, and life will resume. Eventually.
In between working from home, ensuring my family has what they need and are safely isolating from COVID-19 (especially those who are most vulnerable), I have chosen to look for joy. Folks, it’s something we have to do if we want to walk out of 2020 with good mental health.
Here are a few of the things that have been bringing joy to my heart:
- Recently, my husband and I announced that our biggest adventure will be one that begins at home—we will be welcoming a baby girl into our family in November. I can’t wait to share my love of travel with our daughter.
- Somebody Feed Phil—the Netflix show has been a wonderful way to “travel” while stuck at home. Too bad each episode makes me incredibly hungry!
- Polaroid Onestep 2—before the pandemic began I had started experimenting with instant photography and fell in love with it. The Polaroid Onestep 2 doesn’t have the bells and whistles that the Polaroid Onestep Plus has, but it is incredibly dependable and fun to learn on. So far I have only been able to take it out on a few trips, but it will certainly see use soon (especially with baby photos).
- My Kate Spade Wellesley planner—despite being in my possession for more than two years, this agenda is still bringing me smiles and enjoyment. Typically, this special item helps me plan my adventures and where I will go next. Now, it is helping me keep track while working from home, blogging and preparing to be a mom. Of course, I can’t wait to add new travels to its pages again.
- A Blue Mountain Mist cookbook—obtained from our favorite B&B in Sevierville, Tenn. Since we have been homebound, Scott and I have been enjoying food that reminds us of better times, like our honeymoon at Blue Mountain Mist. Among the book’s pages is a fruit dip that will make breakfast taste like dessert!
So whether you are staying safe at home, are being healthy at work or going forth and practicing some social-distancing adventures, let me know in the comments what has been bringing you joy during this moment in human history.
Until next time, enjoy the beauty of this earth and remember that some of life’s best adventures can start at home surrounded by those you love.