The lovely Kentucky town I call home has recently been graced by Jack Frost, despite a seemingly false prediction by Mr. Groundhog stating spring is around the corner. But this icy blanket hasn’t stopped me from dreaming of warmer weather and all the places I plan to visit once I can shrug off my coat and wander unhindered by the chill.
Until then, I will indulge in a healthy breakfast smoothie utilizing one of my favorite warm-weather treats – strawberries! Did I mean that this recipe is incredibly easy? It is! If you try it, let me know. Also, be sure to let me know what warm-weather indulgence you are missing.
Sweet Strawberry Cream Breakfast Smoothie Recipe
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powered of choice
- 4 fresh strawberries washed and dried
- 2 tbsp cream cheese (I use low fat)
- 1 packet (or 1 tsp) Stevia (or other low-calorie sweetener)
- 1/2 cup of ice (you can add more for a thicker smoothie)
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1/3 cup half & half
Blend all ingredients in electric blender and serve. Garnish with an extra strawberry for a special touch.